- Company goes public; sells 275,000 shares over the counter at $11.50 per share.
- Shareholders approve Universal merger with Dover Corporation of New York City, NY.
- MEA production expands; awarded IBM contract to assembly thick film substrate for a new phase of computers.
- First & second overseas offices open to market products to Germany and central Europe.
- Sale of a Sequencer and a Dual Head VCD inserter to Standard Telephone and Cable Party Ltd. opens Australian market.
- 72-station mixed DIP machine shipped to Hughes Aircraft, Fullerton, CA; establishing our long-standing relationship within the aviation market.
- Man-U-Sert and Mod-U-Sert machines introduced at NEPCON/East trade show in Philadelphia, PA.
- Record hiring of 433 employees brings headcount to over 800.