In today’s high-tech industries, knowledge makes the difference. Universal Instruments’ Advanced Process Laboratory (APL) leverages extensive process and materials expertise to address current and next-generation technology challenges and maximize competitive advantage. The APL offers comprehensive research, analytical and advanced assembly services which enable manufacturers to realize rapid product introduction, maximize yield and optimize reliability. The APL also plays a leading role in the greater electronics community, organizing research consortia, and building partnerships with academic and industry experts to identify and develop new and emerging technologies –those that will take electronic assembly far into the future.Contact the APL
At the Annual MSE Awards Gala recently hosted by the Cornell University Materials Science Department our 2018 student intern was recognized for his innovative assembly research in the APL.
Finetech partners with the AREA Consortium through the installation of a FINEPLACER® Pico bonding system in the Advanced Process Laboratory.
APL interns from the Cornell University Materials Science program bring the lessons they have learned about electronic packaging assembly and reliability back the classroom to share with their classmates.
An Electrovert Aquastorm 50 batch cleaner recently installed in the APL enables the use of water soluble solder paste formulations in your build requests.
Optimize your existing and emerging technology assembly challenges to bring quality products to market in volume faster.
- From prototyping to volume production
- Bring challenging new products from concept to reality
- Reduce time-to-market and cost of NPI
- Improve competitive positioning of current products
Leverage exclusive expertise and specialized analytical tools to identify and decisively address production and field failures.
- Minimize costly re-work
- Maximize yields and field reliability
- Secure your brand reputation and improve your bottom line
- Mitigate/eliminate failures, from component-level to box build
Benefit from the APL’s partnership with the industry’s leaders, generating fast-paced research and reports on leading-edge materials and processes.
- Maximize your research investment through collaboration with industry leaders
- Establish a leadership position through research of new and emerging technologies
- Reduce development/implementation time, costs, and resources