Back to Top
- War material production increases, greater demands placed on the Company’s modest resources; staff doubles work hours to meet customers’ demands.
- Joseph F. Ahearn elected president of company, but succumbs to illness in 1947; J. Donald Ahearn (Joseph’s son) is elected President & CEO.
- Link Aviation Devices uses Universal talents to expand flight trainer developments and production.
- Universal changes from war production to peacetime pursuits; enters short run stamping era.
- Search for larger quarters necessary; East Frederick Street building purchased.
- Employee count increases to 83.